Giving is an Investment in God’s Work!
Why Do We Give?
Money and church can be touchy issues together but they don’t have to be! The motivation for giving isn’t because God needs our money or because the church needs our money. Giving is central to faith in God. We give because it demonstrates we truly trust God and because God asks us to give. He wants to be THE top priority in our lives and asks us to trust Him with everything—including money!
For those who are Jesus’ followers, tithing (a Bible word that means “tenth”) is a great focal point. Giving the first 10% of your income to the local church is a great growth goal for some and for others it will be a milestone passed on the way to even more generous giving. If you call New Hope Christian Church your home, we encourage you to give generously knowing that your money supports the mission of Jesus Christ here and around the world.
- Giving is an act of worship (2 Corinthians 9:12).
- Giving tells the truth that God owns everything (Psalm 24:1).
- Giving should be a heartfelt response to the grace of God (2 Corinthians 9:7-8).
- Giving helps build heavenly treasures (Matthew 6:19-24).
- Giving demonstrates trust in God and an investment in eternity (1 Timothy 6:17-19).
- Giving follows Jesus’ example (2 Corinthians 8:8-9).